Friday, December 14, 2007

What's For Dinner: Back to the Kitchen

I must admit that since Thanksgiving, I've not been cooking so much as re-heating. We had a ton of left-overs from the holiday weekend, not just turkey et al but salmon and fajitas and too many sweeties. The last few weeks of menus have been more about defrosting what we already had and emptying out the panty by the expedient of tossing together this and that. "Oh! Looky! I forgot about that cod. Thaw that, throw in a can of this..." You get the idea.

Now the freezer and larder have a smidge more room in them and it's time to plan a proper menu again. Not to mention that some blog buddies have recently posted recipes that I simply must try.

Friday
Super Nachos

Saturday
Christmas Party at Dwayne and Mark's

Sunday
Kimberly Ann's Russian Stew

Monday
Spaghetti Amatriciana
Green Salad
Garlic Bread

Tuesday
Star Anise Pork Tenderloin
Green Tea Rice
Stir fry Broccoli

Wednesday
Seattle Coffee Girl's Chicken Paprikash
Buttered Noodles
Spinach Salad

Thursday
Turkey Cutlets (ironic, I know)
Cranberry Compote
"Stuffing" CousCous
Cauliflower in Cheese Sauce

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed you don't have "Big Night" in your foodie movie faves over on the side bar. Have you seen it? It's a good'ern.

Lorraine said...

I have seen it. Love me some Stanley Tucci. But I guess it needs a re-see...